Fast forward to bedtime. I was terribly nervous. I sat in bed with her and read her a few stories, then performed the following routine:
1. Said to Mya, "lie down, it's night-night time. See you in the morning. Bye!" (our normal bedtime exchange)
2. Left the room, closed the door and waited.
3. Heard Mya climb out of bed, toddle over to the door and jiggle the handle.
4. Enter room, scoot Mya back into bed in a no-nonsense manner.
Repeat from step 1 four more times.
Finally, that 5th time it stuck! That was the last we heard from her until this morning!!! She woke up happy, sitting up in bed and dangling one arm over the guardrail calling for Mommy to change her poo-poo diaper.
Nap time today was easy...no fighting, no climbing out of bed, no complaining.
So far tonight she has gone down with no fighting back either! I feel like it's too early to declare a 100% victory, but I think we're on our way!
Daddy assembling bed:
Mya checking out the progress, and loving what she sees:
The finished product:
Mya stretched out and sound asleep!
1 comment:
Woo hoo! I'm glad it's going smoothly so far :)
Post a Comment