Friday, July 2, 2010
8 weeks
Hard to believe, but Ben is 8 weeks old today! He has become much more alert and fun this week, especially after a good feeding! After he eats he plays on his activity mat, sometimes for nearly an hour. He loves looking towards the light in our front window and the sound of his Jingle Bee. He really likes when I shake Jingle Bee and have him "kiss" it. That always brings a smile to his face! He's also exploring his arms and legs and loves to move everything around.
Ben has also discovered his voice and makes the sweetest and funniest sounds. He grunts like a gorilla when he's eating or working on a good poo. When he's content he makes little "huh" sounds that are adorable. He curls his lips and coos when he's really pleased with something. He has a little half-cry/whining sound that he makes when he wants attention...which escalates into a full cry if he doesn't get it in a few minutes!
Sleeping (for both Ben and me) is still a challenge. I thought we had a pattern down, but then we had 4 or 5 nights in a row that were all different. I have a new method which worked well for the past couple of nights. Instead of forcing him to stay awake until the night feeding, I let him fall asleep on his own around 9:30-10:00. Then I give him a "dream feed" around 11:00 (feed him without fully waking him). Last night this got us through until 4:00am...his longest stretch of sleep yet! We'll keep trying this through the weekend and see how it goes.
Looking forward to some family field trips this weekend for the 4th of July. Happy holiday weekend everyone!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
He looks so good! Such a little man! I can't wait to meet him.
Post a Comment