Friday, May 21, 2010

2 weeks



We can't believe Ben is ONLY 2 weeks old...feels like he's been home with us for a month already! At his doctor's appointment last Wednesday, these were his stats:

Weight: 8lbs,8oz - 50th percentile (+10oz from birth)
Height: 20.5 inches - 50th percentile (+1 inch from birth...is that even possible? I'm guessing some rounding in measuring!)

His umbilical cord fell off and his circumcision is healing well. We are getting peed and pooped on way too often. I thought I knew how to change a diaper, but this kid is like an unpredictable geyser...yesterday I went through 4 diapers at one changing because he kept "eliminating"!

Ben is still sleeping most of the time, but in short stretches. He seems to be having some trouble with gas in the last few days, and he wakes up grunting and groaning pretty often. We've tried a few things but nothing seems to be working too well...I fear we'll just have to wait a few more weeks until his digestive system matures a little bit more.

Mya definitely cares for her little brother...she gets a little upset when Ben is upset ("Baby cries!"), likes to watch me change his diaper ("Baby diaper!"), and loves to give him things (his pacifier, his Sophie giraffe, his blankets). She loves to hug him and kiss his head:

Such a proud big sister!

3 comments:

Yellow House said...

Loved the update! Funny story - today at work our psych intern brought her new baby into school - I asked her his name and she said Ben. He was also born on May 7! It was a good name for Bens!

Yellow House said...

Ooops. Meant to say- it was a good day for Bens! Oh well. :)

Erica said...

How funny! Hooray for Bens!!