Wednesday, September 10, 2008

"Uterine Activity" and Hospital Tour

Today's non-stress test detected significantly more uterine activity than in prior weeks. I had about 4 or 5 little hills on the contraction monitor in the 30 minutes I was hooked up. Still painless, so no indication of labor, but the nurse said it could be a signal of things to come. Went from there to my regular OB appointment, where Dr Massa says I'm 90% effaced and 1cm dilated...things are definitely progressing! Labor may not be imminent, but I'm guessing I won't be late, either. Time to pack the hospital bag.

Speaking of the hospital, we took our tour tonight. The most critical part was learning where to park and where to check in, but it was good to see everything else: labor and delivery rooms, postpartum rooms, NICU, well-baby nursery. It was very surreal to take a look at a L&D room...to know that's where it all is going to happen soon!

No comments: