Well, unfortunately my body just doesn't seem to cope too well with pregnancy. I had my monthly ultrasound this week, and this time my cervix was deemed "dynamic". It's softening and shortening under pressure...way too much, way too early. So, after a few non-stress tests, a trip to the hospital, a couple of steroid shots to accelerate Minor's lung development, and a negative FFN test (that's a good thing), I am back on bed rest.
The game plan between now and 36 weeks is strangely familiar: pills every 4 hours to control contractions, weekly non-stress tests, biweekly ultrasounds and biweekly FFN tests. Otherwise, feet up on the sofa or bed. I of course accept all of this for the sake of the baby, but it's so much more emotionally difficult this time around because of Mya. Two months without picking her up, walking her around the block in her princess car, giving her bubble baths, taking her to and from daycare, watching her go down the slide at the playground. (**Of course, on the bright side it's two months without changing diapers, washing sippy cups, waking up to shower before she gets up!)
So, yet again we find ourselves counting down until the magical 36-week milestone (Thursday, April 15 for those interested in playing along). In the meantime, feel free to come visit...you know where I'll be!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Sorry about the bedrest but there's always that bright side.
I wish I could come over and help out. I'm pretty good at washing sippies and cooking! :P
I am so sorry to hear this! Take good care of yourself. Maybe this will be a good time to learn to sew?
Post a Comment