Thursday, July 16, 2009

The Gummy Wonder is Gummy No More!

So much happened during my one-week trip away, as I knew it would. The biggest news is that Mya sprouted her first tooth on Wednesday! It's her bottom center-left tooth, and it's just coming through the gums. It's amazingly sharp...good thing we're finished with breastfeeding. Here's hoping that explains her recent reluctance to sleep...

Mya has graduated to intermediate crawler now. She's very deliberate and coordinated, but still slow enough that we can keep up with her. I hear one of her favorite things to do now is to crawl over to her toy shelf and pull the toys out one after another!

My little active baby has also learned to pull herself up from sitting to standing in her crib. Saw it with my own eyes this morning and was amazed. It's funny...she seems to be following her friend Alena's development pretty closely, by about a 2-3 week lag. If that's the case, she could be scooting along the coffee table in just a few weeks! (Congratulations to Alena on that milestone!)

Steve gets "Daddy of the Year" accolades! He did an amazing job with everything while I was gone, and never lost his sanity (his patience and some free time perhaps, but not sanity). He should be proud...I know I am!

No comments: