Sunday, March 8, 2009

Lots of firsts!

The last few weeks have brought us plenty of firsts!

Mya sat up on her own for the first time (of course we put her in exactly the right, balanced position, but she had to start somewhere)! We still have to put her in the sitting position, but she can hold herself up for a minute or more when she wants to, and can even catch herself if she starts to topple over.


We put together her exersaucer, which she used for the first time last weekend. She likes it for about 10 minutes at a time, and the spinning frog (pictured here) is her favorite part. She still doesn't quite understand that she can put her feet down, so she usually just dangles.


And most importantly, Mya had her first "solid" food yesterday! I wouldn't exactly call rice cereal dissolved in milk "solid", but it was her first real food. She seems pretty ambivalent about it, but we'll keep trying. Steve and I had more fun than she did, I think!

No comments: