Friday, February 13, 2009

A different baby!

We have had so many milestones in the last week or so! I feel like Mya has changed more during February than at any other time so far.

I've gotten full-on belly laughs about a half dozen times now. It's still not consistent...something will be LOL funny to her once, but then she just smiles and giggles the next time. Still, it is the best sound I've ever heard. Ever.

Mya figured out how to blow raspberries, and it is just her favorite thing to do. She does it for minutes on end...I even woke up Thursday morning to the sound of her happily spitting away in her crib. Only problem is she now constantly has rivers of drool running down her face. Witness:



We have a "sit-up" game where Mya grabs our fingers and we pull her up into a sitting position. She now can anticipate it...she stiffens her neck, shoulders and arms before we pull her up. Once sitting up, she can really hold herself upright with only a little of our help. And she'll even sit (slouching forward a bit) for up to 5-10 seconds or so on her own with no help before she falls to one side.

Tummy time is great...she'll be happy on her belly for a few minutes now, if she's in the mood (see below!). She's rolled over on to her back a couple of times, but not consistently. She's also fairly close to rolling from back to front, I think.



Mya actively reaches out for toys, hair, glasses, you name it. Sometimes she reaches with both hands at once, and she passes things between her hands. She's so coordinated! Starting to put more and more things in her mouth now, but she's not always as coordinated with that...things often end up hitting her in the nose/cheeks/chin.

I go back to work on Monday (sigh), but we've found a wonderful nanny, Philly (good karma!), who is going to be wonderful. Philly will be watching Mya and Benjamin together Mondays to Thursdays, and I'll be off every Friday. We had a couple of trial days this week, and we think it's going to be great!

1 comment:

Jill said...

I love the drool picture. We're right there with you these days - Alena's like a faucet!