Tuesday, April 22, 2008

4/22/08 - 16 weeks


Weight: 121 lbs; +0 from last week, +6 overall

Had another doctor's appointment yesterday. It's amazing how much I look forward to them despite how non-eventful they are. I show up, pee in a cup, get my blood pressure taken, listen to the baby's heartbeat, ask a few questions, and then I'm out the door in 15 minutes. Even though it's quick, it feels like another milestone reached.

Some recent developments:
- As my belly has grown, my belly button has become enormous. It's cavernous. A black hole. It's hard to believe this thing might eventually pop out, because right now it is bottomless.
- We kicked Major out of bed, but Steve might have to be the next one to go. I have to build myself a pillow fort every night...pillows on either side of me so I don't roll over in my sleep and end up on my back (like I tend to do). As a result, there's less and less room for Steve in the bed!
- People keep asking if Major senses the baby, if he's acting any different. No. I think the poor guy is clueless.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

hey erica - if you are interested, i really liked this pillow

http://www.amazon.com/Leachco-Back-Belly-Contoured-Pillow/dp/B0002E7DIQ/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=baby-products&qid=1209253858&sr=8-1

you look so cute and pregnant!

-rachel